Thursday, August 13, 2009

PWU HS-1960 MINI-REUNION (CANADA)

"The more we get together, together, together. The more we get together, the happier are we."- Anonymous

BEAUTIES FROM ONTARIO CANADA AND FLORIDA- TESSIE, CHERRIE, RORY, AND ESTHER (BACK)

REUNION REVIEW BY ESTHER LEJANO: Saturday, August 1, 2009
Today, Cherrie, Nati, Tessie, Rory and I had another mini-renunion here in Canada. Our meeting place is at Scarborough Town Centre between 12:00 and 12:30 pm. When I arrived at the meeting place which is the Food Court, I couldn't find anyone right away, although I am wearing glasses my eyesight is still not that good. I was about to call Rory on her cell fon when I heard sombody laughing very loud and when I turned around I saw Tessie pounding the table and laughing her heart out. The four of them already sitted in one corner so I rushed to them and give each one a kiss and a hug. Then the party began. We reminisce our hi-school days, talking and laughing loud oblivious of anyone around. At times all of us talked at the same time and then more laughter and shared secrets....he he he...cannot tell (that's why it is a secret). Nati paid for Cherrie and my lunch (Thai) and I paid for Tessie and Rory's lunch (Greek). I brought some pictures of myself and my ex-bf becoz Cherrie told me that she had a crush on him before........I told her OMG...really......isn't that something. Nati has 2 sons and she worked with the Police Force for 20 years as Executive Secretary. She even showed us her Police Badge and ring........I told her don't arrest me. She's retarded now too and enjoying her retirement baby sitting her grandkids. As all stories have to end, we said our good-byes at 2:30 pm with the promise to meet again sometime in November with Girlie and Sari.

Last picture: Rory, Cherrie, Nati, Esther and Tessie
P.S. I F
ORGOT TO MENTION THAT RORY BROUGHT OUR DESSERT CASAVA CAKE .....YUMMY......WHICH SHE COOKED..........MASARAP PALANG MAGLUTO SI RORY BEING A DIETICIAN.

EMAIL FROM NATI TO ESTHER:Dearest Ester, THANK YOU for a nice and enjoyable lunch with our co-"teenagers" yesterday. I really enjoyed it very much, although "medyo yata humina ang pandinig ko - siguro nabinge ako sa lakas ng tawanan natin". Our pictures look good, don't you think? Thank God the "tonsils" of my sister, Tessie, didn't show for a change. I have to restrain her every now and then, you know.

ESTHER LEJANO (H.S. 1960)

SARI'S DETECTIVE SERIES: Tessie LM did it again. Baka you'll replace Cora & me. Not before long, you'll be wearing #1 Weirdo Crown. Parang si Lani Villa-Real Enriquez na ako. Can't wait to see what our "weird" classmates remembered and shared by e-mail. Wish there were more weirdos - kasi talagang entertaining; nakaka-addict; a good form of addiction I must say. Let's keep Evelyne on her toes to keep up with us. Evelyne, huwag kang mag-sasawa ng pag-post ng "memories" shared by our classmates....Did you notice that Puri's juices are flowing more profusely & spontaneously - Noon nasa ulo pa lang niya - hodge-podge ideas. Nabuo na ngayon - thanks to classmates who have began participating more regularly. Na-enthused lalo si Puri. Meanwhile, Linda is getting ready to join in more regularly. Tessie LM - si Linda ang may connection sa Dusit. We decided on Dusit thru Linda's close business association with the manager. We had a preview of what they can and are willing to offer when Linda arranged for a meeting room for our Class in February 2009 - a few days after the PWUAA reunion....Esther, thanks for the write up and pictures you sent showing the beauties of Ontario, Canada plus Florida. Parang nadirinig ko yong tawa ni Tessie OG. Nati OC serious looking pa rin, but obviously enjoying herself....Will await posting from LV.On a serious note, I spoke with Lilia Villa Javier yesterday (Sunday evening in the Philippines). I got her excited about these exchanges and the blog - ipagagawa raw niya ang computer niya when she comes back from her trip in MNL. She's still healing from the loss of her husband. She needs help in getting on with her life. Sabi niya, thanks to PWU, we are all "fighters"; we do not give up. We keep going until we overcome our challenges. - Her husband pala was involved in politics; baka raw siya would join in and replace her husband. Sayang naman daw what Manny (husband) started. Lilia's e-mail address (she can't access it yet) drlvj@yahoo.com. .....Eloi, binanggit ka ni Lilia; good friends daw kayo. I said too much ...... mas naka-aaliw basahin yong sinulat ni Tessie LM below.

TALES#3 -FROM TESSIE L. MARZAN -Hello dear classmates,
Again, hope everyone is as well as can be. Here's my third bridge - one mile long, give or take a few hundred inches (sorry Cora, hindi pa ako nagcomvert to metric system). This is my take on you guys - a hodge-podge of the past & the present; light hearted & irreverent, so wear comfortable shoes para hindi kayo kalyuhin & let's continue our stroll.
CLASSMATES
I imagine your faces as I recall our U-shape seating arrangement - as we bumped into each other all along the PLACES & as I read through the directory. I'm disheartened that there are some I can't remember & also I have not a single picture to share. Kaya natutuwa akong tingnan ang mga pictures na you are posting.
Renita - Do you still have long hair & blush easily? Didn't you get lonesome (heh-heh-heh) at times dahil palagi kang walang katabi on your other side, or did you consider that a blessing? I don't remember though na madaldal si Olive.
Celia - our valedictorian - didn't we tease you about a certain La Salle guy? (oops)
Evelyne - what a late bloomer - you ought to have a gallery of your own. Thank you so much for the blogspot where we are now spending many happy hours.
Eloi - thought you were Eloisa - not Elouisa.
Cynthia - a beauty queen among us.
Tessie C. - sorry, you missed some fun. I myself didn't lakwatsa after school hours. (more on that later).
Raquel - where are you?; thanks to you & your Mom for having me to lunch. You're the only classmate whose house I had the honor & pleasure of visiting.
Erlinda M. - nutritionally savy. Guys do you remember the complete & half meals. You always had the complete meal.
Evelyn - I did bet you wouldn't remember the shoes, we had good taste, huh?
Marilin - a novelty of a married classmate
Sari - Alexander the Great, can't remember seeing the movie but that's probably how you got the honorific. Thanks for finding me.
Cherrie - you're always be Charito to me, keep on reading & enjoy the Florida clime.
Patricia - hello, Frau Staub. Go easy on the suds during the Octoberfest.
Cora F. - our resident poet & now our resident hospitality big boss. Please, please, use your considerable influence to see to it that Dusit Thani provide the best food & tons of it (not just a few kilos). I plan to pig out to compensate for starving myself down to size 8. You know - want to be limber so I can do the sensuous movements for our entrance.
Tessie O. - Thanks for your beautiful rendition of "Dream" - babalik!
Erlinda C- "Oh, Oh, Bernadine" - a big fan of Pat Boone and as Eloi said, always had nicely pressed uniform. Bet you danced well like your parents.
Nati - Of course, we remember you with your bangs & ponytail; like Linda, you kept your pleats neat while most of us just plopped down on our seats.
Elizabeth - the red head ---- hell-bent (pardon) on getting a BSN degree, which you did. Where are you? you sat on my right.
Elisa S. - another novelty with your dental braces.
Sari, Carina, Cora H, Marlene & Company - thanks for trooping the colors & Marlene, thanks for the pics.
Norma & Gerry - thanks for your prodigious ivory tinkling appendages - did you insure them?
Leonides - a good Samaritan - during the times na naubusan ako ng pera - you lent me my pamasahe & if you didn't twit about it then, you're indeed a good friend; thanks again.
Ampy, Carmen E. - didn't have to think about pamasahe or getting up early; the dorm was just a few steps away.
Zenaida M. - one time you mentioned how you were anticipating your ulam - kare-kare.
Flor A., Charito, Eloi, Aurora Fe, Polita - some of the slim among us.
Roberta, Raquel, Patsy, Marlene, Cynthia, Ruby - some of the taller ones.
Tessie C., Preciosa, Evelyn - the petite among us. Now, where do I fit?
Hana, Puri, Lita & Company - our own Bayanihan pioneers. Hana, with your infectious smile; Puri, the graceful ballerina & now our esteemed choreographer. Lita, the great conductres & soon our princess.

Isn't it astonishing how these trivial & seemingly inconsequential recollections are now streaming out from my brain (that's why I'm weirdo #3). These trivialities, however, are the major parts of my connections to you, just like cables, posts & beams, nuts & bolts, hold a bridge together. To those I did not mention, do not fret, sooner or later, someone will do the honor.
ASIDES:
1.Here is Preciosa's zip code: L1V6S4
2. Anyone has the same recollections regarding:
Acquaintance Day
1. Freshmen - green & white - always did calisthenics.
2. Sophomore - red & white - folk dance
3. Junior - complete blank till Sakura song popped up. I think international was the theme, blue & white?
4. Senior - modern dance - yellow & white? How about the class song we belted out as we made our grand entrance from the facade to the quadrangle.
Chorus Contest - I think we had to do 3 or 4 songs; The Pambansang Awit & the PWU school song were always included. The 3rd or 4th song was English & did we do also a Filipino song?; these were always chosen for us by Mrs. Villaflor. I remember Gerry doing a jazzy transposition of the introduction to the Pambansang Awit. Woudn't it be nice if we can track these songs & post them? Will really keep Ebb busy but a nice kind of "busyness".
I have two more e-mails in the future - Teachers & Classes and Others. After that, I'll join you in the blog with much much shorter comments. Till then.
Warm regards to all.
Tessie
EBB-S E-TALK: I truly enjoy blogging.
Actually I am happy to take a back seat and let the others do the chit-chat. As your blog designer, contento na ako dito sa ibaba. Mas tahimik at mas mabuting nakikinig na lang. I'd like to add that the Acquaintance Party was the one event of the year that I enjoyed the most during h.s. and have not forgotten. This event showcased the tremendous creativity and resourcefulness of many high school students. I say yes, with Tessie that the one who thought of it should be canonized. But I think that person should get a CREATIVE AWARD too. Anyone knows whose idea was it? Yes, we are the only high school that had an Acquaintance Party at the beginning of the school year. Where had I been all these years? Ghee, ang dami ko palang hindi alam noon high school. Many thanks to all classmates who contibuted to this blog. It's true that the more we get together and share our memories, the "HAPPIER" are we.

No comments:

Post a Comment