Friday, November 12, 2010

MEMORIES FROM H.S. REUNION-PART 4

"O.M.G., I'm rich!
Silver in the Hair
Gold in the Teeth
Crystals in the Kidneys
Sugar in the Blood
Lead in the Ass
Iron in the Arteries
And… an inexhaustible supply of Natural Gas.
I never thought I'd accumulate such wealth."

Written by Evelyne D. Resella:
The above quote is about rich senior women. This is from Sari and she forwarded it to our e-mail group. It's amusing but very true. When PWU alumni reached their h.s. 50th reunions, no doubt they are truly rich like the above quote.
This nostalgic event was the 79th PWU alumni reunion. For our h.s. class 1960,it was our "JUBILLEE" (Golden Anniversary). Hurray! Hurray!
I never thought I would be able to make it to the reunion. But I was happy as reflected in my smile in the above photo. I had never been back to my homeland for 35 years, so it was a beautiful homecoming.
EARLY BIRD.....EARLY PHILWOMENIAN CAUGHT THE....BIG SHOT!
When I entered the ballroom, it was excessively noisy with excitement, chatting & laughing. Our 1960 class were scattered every where. I saw Puri and asked for a dual photo but four more classmates joined us.
Left to right: Marilin Fernandez Arellano, Eloisa Dizon Farrales, Evelyne Dirige Resella, Puri Capistrano Laconico (Our Bali Hai Creator), Corazon Fausto Gatchalian and Tessie Castro Puri. A BUNCH OF BEAUTIFUL PHIWOMENIAN FROM H.S. CLASS 1960! THE MERRY BELLS WERE JINGLING WITH JOY FOR THE JUBILARIANS!!! THEY SAID THIS WAS THE BEST REUNION EVER. GLAD THERE WERE MANY OF US WHO MADE IT THERE.LEFT TO RIGHT: Marilin, Eloi, Evelyne D., Puri, Cora, Tessie P., Roselani, Sari, Evelyn NZ, Cherrie, Yolly, Carmen, Marlene,Renita, Precy, Lani, Lita, Glo & Nati.
THREE SOME BEAUTIES - TESSIE MARZAN, EVELYNE D. RESELLA AND EVELYN NZ ZABALA
Left to Right: Tessie Castro Puri, Tessie Lonzame Marzan, Evelyne Dirige Resella, Cynthia Ugalde Tan, Celia Arreza Espiritu and Renita Abary Gorostiza

I am hesitant to post this photo. I was next to the former Miss Philippines Cynthia Ugalde). I felt like an ugly duckling & elf next to her. The 2 Tessies- nakapikit naman. Celia looked stunning next to Cynthia. Puwedeng mag-compete. Anong sinasabi mo Renita?

So long.....and enjoy reading our blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment