Tuesday, June 9, 2009

WELCOME TO OUR CLASS 1960 BLOG!

"I love your own version of sunflower painting. It is more refined, has depth and tells a story. It's peering through an archway which could represent the walls and gateway of our alma mater against a blue sky. Framed by brick walls that gave us a sense of security thru learning as we marched outside its gates to experiment and experience life after graduation. I simply love it. That flower is us."- Puri Capistrano Laconico
"GINTONG ALAALA" BY EBB, CORA, PURI AND SARI
This is the Filipino word for "Golden Memories." Our blog team picked this name because we wanted to bring back the golden memories of our high school days. This is my other blog with three new bloggers, Cora, Puri & Sari. Our team met during high school in PWU. We were classmates and shared four years of high school education & fun.
The golden sunflower is a good symbol and reflection of our class 1960. I painted this golden sunflower and posted it on my art blog. I like a golden sunflower because it signifies that even though we, the "golden girls" reached our golden years, we continue to "BLOOM."
As we approach the 50th years of our Class 1960, we are sure that there are many treasured stories, recollections, musings, ramblings, etc. about our good high school days. During our high school days, computers were unheard off. We grew up without computers, and I remembered that life was less complicated. Back then, we communicated by phone, snail mail, letter or through word of mouth. Now we are in our golden years, we are indeed fortunate that we have easy access to computer, e-mail and Internet. It's amazing how fast we could connect and communicate with past friends & lost classmates.
Like a little Starbucks Cafe, this blog will be our place to hang out and reminisce, relive, remember and relive the good old high days. Come & join as as we chat and blog together.
HELLO TO ALL OUR PWU CLASS 1960!
The idea for this blog was born because of our desire to reconnect to past classmates. It's been 49 years since we graduated from high school. Next year, on February 20, 2010 we will be celebrating the 50th anniversary of our class 1960. We are the JUBILARIANS!
PWU- PHLIPPINE WOMEN"S UNIVERSITY
This is the name of our beloved alma matter. I am very grateful to God to have the opportunity to finish my high school in this wonderful university exclusively for women. My high school years was one of the happiest days of my school life. One of my joys in life is having many high school friends and that we continue to reconnect.
A MILLION THANKS TO SARI
A million thanks to Sari, who is the "Greatest Classmate Finder." Without her untiring effort to search and find old classmates, this blog will not exist and I will not be connected to my other high school classmates.
One day, my sister Ofel, e-mailed me that an old classmate from high school wanted to connect to me. She met Sari during a conference in Las Vegas. My sister was one of the speakers. She remained single and so her family named never change. Sari asked her if she's related to an old classmate w/ the same family name. Sari also remained single and have the same name. Although I haven't seen her since high school graduation, I knew an old familiar classmate. I smiled and e-mailed her. And we reconnected. She found me and I found her and other classmates. Oh, what fun!
REMINDER:We are starting this blog so our class 1960 could re- connect here. Any graduate from our class can write and contribute their stories, recollections, poems, rambling, musings about the good high school days. RAH! RAH! RAH!
Also we are looking for old classmates. Please pass this blog around and let your friends know about us. Your friends and families might be connected to someone who graduated from PWU high school in 1960. Any tip or clue will help in finding those lost classmates.
We hope you enjoy our first post. Till our next blog! From your loving classmates- Ebb, Puri and Sari.
We welcome your valuable comments. Please click the comment icon below and we will get back to you.

5 comments:

  1. We hope that we can find all of our classmates and friends through this blog. We'd be happy to see them at our reunion on Feb 20,2010 on our Golden Jubilee.

    Puri Capistrano-Laconico

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is our hope to find all our classmates and interact with them casually through this blog. Please come to our reunion on Feb 20,2010. We are now the Golden Jubilarians !

    Puri Capistrano-Laconico

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited about getting in touch with all our "old" classmates so even if I lack the savvy to do this, I am trying my best. Believe me if I am successful, you can do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Puri, Cherrie thanks for your wonderful comments.
    I am glad we could use this PWU blog to connect to classmates.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS! BEAUTIFUL CONCEPT. RECONNECTING WITH OUR CLASSMATES REKINDLES LOVELY HIGH SCHOOL MEMORIES.

    LINDA CHACON BAISA

    ReplyDelete