Thursday, February 4, 2010

TILL WE MEET AGAIN

EBB'S E-TALK: When I started this PWU blog last June 2009, I had no idea that it will be successful and will the bridge or "tulay" to connect many of us. I was hesitant at first and told Puri to start the blog because I thought she was a better writer. She said, I should start it because I already know how to blog. She is willing to assist w/ Sari, Cherrie & Cora. I said yes, hoping that they will finish what I started. This is my last post for Part 1 of "Gintong Ala-ala." I am happy and understand that Sari & Cherrie will continue Part 2 of "Gintong Ala-ala" after the 50th reunion. I will be away on a sentimental journey for almost 2 months traveling to the Philippines and Southeast Asia. I will have NO direct access to my personal computer till I get back to the U.S. on April 1,2010. My thanks to all who contributed their time, talent, stories, memories, poems to make this "Gintong Ala-ala" a wonderful memories and keepsake.

Thanks to Hana Gomez Trinidad for those beautiful leis for our reunion. Looking forward to wearing it. I am sure that seeing many classmates I didn't have the chance to connect and see after 50 year will bring tears to my eyes. Hug and kisses to you all! Till we meet again.

PURI'S PERSPECTIVES: I ASKED HANA TO HAVE HER PICTURE TAKEN WITH THE LEI'S AND MATCHING BRACELETS SHE GOT BEFORE MAILING THEM TO ME. AND HERE THEY ARE...HER GIFT FOR ALL OF US! SHE SAID THE FLOWERS ARE CALLED KINI-KINI , INDIGENOUS TO HAWAII.
SHE'S WEARING A 3 STRAND LEI OF TINY WHITE FLOWERS HER FRIEND MADE FOR HER WHICH SHE WORE AT CORKY'S FUNERAL. I AM STILL TWISTING HER ARM TO ATTEND OUR REUNION. SEE YOU ALL SOON,
Dear Classmates,
2009 was when we re-grouped and found one another with the help of everyone most especially through Sari's persistence and resourcefulness. Our group email was established. Our blog, "Gintong Ala-ala" was born with the dedication of our Master Blogger, Evelyne D. Resella. It is a place where we now dwell to get to know more about one another through brief bios and musings, which we plan to preserve in a disc. A Scholarship Committee was formed headed by Tessie O Guerra, A Sunshine Greeting group headed by Cherrie and Sari, Teachers bios and Bridges along Memory Lane series by Tessie L Marzan, More teacher's recollections summed up by Bong Staub. Cora's tula in our native tongue and many more. Now with just barely 7 weeks before our grand reunion which seemed a long time before is now a mere blink away. Gerry, Celia and Lita at the helm of this big baby must now be in labor pains. On my part, I'm harnessing my energy toward a memorable production of "Our Voyage To Bali-Hai".

No comments:

Post a Comment