Thursday, December 3, 2009

ALL ABOUT ROSELANI PART 2

By Cherrie McSorley

Rose and I kept in touch for a few years after graduation. We (other Philwomenians and I) were around when she married Romy whose devotion to Roselani was very evident through our young eyes and most of us were still in touch when she first experienced motherhood – which was very exciting for us, her friends that were still single. For whatever reason, I heard very little from Roselani until she sought me out because one of our mutual college friend (Zaida Mabugat) was in town visiting her. And that is just how Rose is - once a friend, forever a friend. She continuously seeks old friends and remains very loyal and devoted to them. In fact, she is in constant touch with Carole, Belinda and Girlie. She was also very close to Louella Duran and Georgina Hernandez until their untimely death.
When Rose was going to write her bio, the only thing she really wanted to say was “I am happily married to the one and only love of my life for the past 45 years, and still going strong. We have 5 children, 4 daughters and a son, and a total of 6 grandchildren. ”As the picture shows, her family is her greatest passion. Her devotion to them and their devotion to her is truly heartwarming.
Roselani’s working career was very interesting and varied. After 6 years of being a stay-at-home Mom, she ”joined the sales force of a travel agency, learned the trade fast enough and became a travel agent for fourteen years. In 1985, my husband and I decided to join his family in the United States. My work in San Francisco, CA mainly entailed providing secretarial/administrative support to various bank executives for 12 years.” From her stories, the jobs were very demanding and therefore stressful yet she was commended for her job performance on several occasions. A few years back, she got tired of the 9 to 5 schedule and decided to go back to work as a licensed Life Agent with New York Life.

Rose writes, “ I am now enjoying the perks of a senior citizen and enjoying the camaraderie with old friends. In between visiting dear friends, I spend as much time as I can with my grandchildren who are all in the East Coast.” Rose main task right now is taking care of her ailing Mom and relocating to Sacramento, which are both monumental tasks. She is stressed out but her caring attitude and sense of humor is still evident.

No comments:

Post a Comment